Salvation Through Jesus Christ
“Jesus On a Shelf”
Life is filled with tough choices. We all have to make them. How does our relationship with Jesus affect our lives and the choices we make? Life is not easy, and our choices are not easy. Jason Mitchel, in his book, No Easy Jesus, presents us help in the choices we need to make daily in our lives. This summer sermon series will help us to open our eyes and hearts to Jesus-filled choices.
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is with a great joy that I am reappointed as your Pastor for the 11th year! It is hard to believe where the time has gone. The time of ministry with you has been a real blessing for Dawn and myself. This year is also my 42nd year as an appointed Pastor within the United Methodist Church.
I am looking forward to our exciting summer schedule of Worship, study, and fellowship. Once again we are worshiping on Thursday nights at 6:30 PM in the Amphitheater of the Timber Creek Park on Chews Landing Road. Every Thursday will include music and preaching, and periodically, Holy Communion. The park is handicap accessible. Join us and bring your family and friends with you.
Sunday morning Worship will be at 9:30 AM each week with Contemporary Worship in the Davidson room and Traditional Worship in the Sanctuary. For Communion Sundays (7/1, 7/29 & 9/9) we will meet together in the Sanctuary with a blended style of Worship, including Contemporary and Traditional music. A one-room Sunday School Class will be held each week for children ages Kindergarten through 5th grade. Please take time to invite others to join us.
Vacation Bible School for all ages will be meeting on 4 Wednesday evenings: July 11, July 18, July 25, and August 7 beginning with dinner at 6:00 PM. The evenings will conclude at 8:00 PM. Come on out and bring friends, neighbors, and children of all ages. See p. 6 for more details.
Pitman Camp Meeting will be holding services throughout the Summer on Sunday evenings at 7:30 PM. I will be preaching on July 29th and the band “The One Way Express” will be sharing with us. See p. 13 for the list of Preachers and musicians.
As you can see, summer at Chews is alive and growing. Plan to join us and bring people with you. God is doing a new thing among us and there is great excitement brewing. Wishing a blessed and restful summer.
In His Service,
- July 5 "When You Are Fighting a Virus In Your Heart" Matthew 5:43-44 || Matthew 6:1-2, 25, 33
- July 12 “When You Are Heading for a Breakdown” 2 Corinthians 13:5, 11
- July 19 “When You Need a Life-changing Moment” Luke 19:2-9
- August 16 “When You Have Spiritual Cataracts” Matthew 6:22-23
- August 23 “When You Must Face a Giant” 1 Samuel 17:37-40
- August 30 “When You Feel Inadequate” John 6:8-13
- September 6 “When You Have Swallowed Spiritual Poison” Mark 7:14-23
- July 1 "Jesus On a Shelf" John 10:7-18
- July 8 "True Grit" Luke 9:57-62
- July 15 "We Have a Choice" Luke 6:27-31
- July 22 "Religion vs. Compassion" Matthew 20:29-34
- July 29 “We All Bleed” John 20:19-29
- August 19 “Ups and Downs” Mark 10:35-45
- August 26 “Warehouses or Distribution Centers” Exodus 16:15-20 | Matthew 6: 19-23
- September 2 “A Love That Lets Go” Mark 10:17-21 | John 13:34-35
- September 9 “Second Chances” Matthew 4:18-22 | John 21:15-22